Saturday, July 13, 2013

Building a color scheme from a favorite fabric

 

I thought it would be fun to go through the steps of building a color scheme starting with a favorite fabric!
Today I will be using a fabulous print from F Schumacher
Jaipur Tree 
   
 
Let's get started
Here is the color pallet

 

Step # 1
Choose a color from the fabric for the walls.
In my case, I chose the lighter of the blues. I really like the feel of this blue, and it is a good choice if adding color is the direction you wish to go in.  Any of the colors would work.  We will take a look at those later.

Step #2
Choose a color for the sofa, furnishings, and window treatments. In this example I will be using Schumacher print, Jaipur Tree, on the window treatments and chairs. I chose the celadon green for the sofa and the blue for an ottoman, doubling as a cocktail table.  I love how the blue and the green work together to create a serene color scheme, and the print adds just enough red to really give this room a lot of wow!



Step # 3
Selecting a finish for the wood furnishings
 
  I love the furnishings and finishes offered by Sommerset Bay Furniture.
I chose a beautiful cream color,
  Vanilla Bean finish, it has a traditional yet relaxed feel.  The lighter finish is going to work well with the light trim and give some breathing space to all of the color. 

 
Middleton End Table - Sommerset Bay Furniture
 
Step #4
Accessories!
 
I couldn't resist these amazing gourd lamps!  I love gourd lamps.  With so many shapes, sizes and colors.  I can always find one that fits just perfectly.
This one is from Curry & Co.
 
 
 
Art
Soicher Marin
 
Rendering by:  Cindy LeBlanc
 
 
 
 
I hope you are inspired!

Happy Decorating
Cindy
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What are some of the other ways designers build a color scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Heather. There are so many ways to build a color scheme. Even from this fabric there are a number of different color stories.
    This is just one of the possibilities. These choices also reflect only what I might choose.
    I would not choose to use red on the walls for example. Someone else may want red as the main color. A good place to start is with something that inspires you and brings you joy! I hope this helps. Happy Decorating!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete